dinsdag 25 januari 2011

Major study Art & design

Major study project
Statements and annotations

My format: a wordless picture book

Brief:
• (Semi) Wordless picture book
• Full colour
• Hardcover
• Large size 300 x 300 mm
• Minimum of 32 pages
• Theme: identity that relates to the medical and fashion world, but also reflects the child’s vision on its self.
• Audience: children age 5 and up, adolescents and adults
• Multiple illustration styles and techniques
• Different characters
• A little amount of words integrated into the illustrations

Aims:
1. Creating a book content (artwork) that evokes to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. E.g. how the subject relates to the readers self (am I who I think I am?) and the alternative format (self-referential and nonlinear) will take creativity and a different approach in reading and experience.
2. Learning people to think different about themselves and others. There is no right or wrong in being ‘me’.
3. Creating a book that is useful in teaching about identity in class, but also could help people with physical or mental problems that is influenced by their identity; like disability and anorexia.

Identity

I am writing these statements to get a clear vision of my theme: Identity and to connect this subject with my three major interests: Fashion, medical science and picturebooks.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten