woensdag 6 april 2011

Material experiments











I am using different kinds of materials in order to find a suitable style. Most of the material used is one of a kind, which makes it unique. Uniqueness and identity are obviously connected to each other so the material suits my theme, now I have to create a balance between the materials used, and find a way to use the material to express feelings.
I had the thought of literally building the character during the story. E.g. I start with a blank page and on the every spread she meets, sees or hears a person, animal or a thing. From everything she meets, a little piece gets stuck on her; eventually these pieces construct and re-construct the character’s identity. Instead of I am the title could be: ‘I was, I am, I become.’ The mind and self are in motion even if it sometimes appears to be slow motion. They are in a state of becoming even if what becomes is similar to what has been (Jenkins, R. Social identity 2008).
Still not sure of this is a good way to express my theme…
The list I have made earlier is also an option. I am rewriting the list and trying to connect in order to create a story that makes sense.
I am:
Emotions (metaphors) like angry, happy, sad, confused etc.:
-feeling blue
-on top of the world
-lonely
-just the way I am

Medical Science:
-a network of cells (or not?)= issue between body and self
-fat (in real life she is slim)= body disorder, anorexia, identity and mirroring
-Unique (DNA)
-Diabetic, asthma= issue about relating our identity or the identity from someone else to a disease
Fashion:
-Chanel =brand issue
-because of my surrounding
Contemporary world:
-No: 2385674 =passport identity, patient identity etc. issue you are a number instead of a person
-2500 pixels= internet identity, avatar, social media
-Not alone=big brother is watching you
Perhaps I should choose just one or two to develop? So only fashion and medical science.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten